Google Ads Checklist for 2021-2022
Google Ads is one of the most successful ways of marketing your business. Google Ads is indeed getting expensive and more competitive with time. But when you set up your campaigns in the right way, Google Ads can be a powerful way to attract quality visitors to your site.
What are Google Ads and What Are They Used For?
- Google Ads refers to Google's online advertising program, using which you can create ads that reach out to your potential customers who are interested in your product or services.
- Google Ads works in a pay-per-click (PPC) format which means that you will have to pay every time a user clicks your ad.
- Though there are many advertising mediums available, Google Ads is believed to have the biggest reach.
Checklist for Setting up a Campaign in Google Ads
If you are interested in creating a campaign in Google Ads, then this checklist might help you navigate through the process better.
1. Learn the Process of Ad Auction
It is important for you to know how the process of selecting the right ad is carried out by Google. This is indeed a complex process, and knowing about it might help you to work better on your ad. There are many videos explaining the process in YouTube, give you a clear idea of how it works.
2. Get a Clear Idea of Your Goals and Budgets
The first step in creating a quality campaign is to be clear of the goal to be achieved through it. This should be on par with the budget available for the ad and the duration allocated for it. The goal may be to increase sales, generate leads or anything imperative to your site. It would be best to limit one goal per Google Ads campaign since dumping two or more goals on a single campaign makes it hard to optimize the ad.
3. Create a Campaign Structure
Figure out the keywords and ads that you want to add, and you can include them in groups. Create the campaign structure in a way that can help you in the future. For example, when you add a lot of ad groups, you will be able to write more relevant ad copies under the groups, resulting in you getting more control when Google triggers your keywords.
4. Choose Keywords Wisely
Keywords are the core of your campaigns. Hence, take some time in selecting the best ones. If you cannot spare the time, you can hire an SEO company to optimize your keyword list. Here are some tips in selecting quality keywords for your campaign:
- You can add many keywords in each ad group and use this to your advantage. Gather as many relevant ones including the plurals and also the misspellings.
- It is not advisable to add general and specific keywords in the same ad group. Hence, divide them based on their relevance to the product.
5. Optimize Your Ad Copies
The ad copies are the visible part of your campaign to your customers, and thus it is important they appeal to your customers.
- A good ad copy contains the perfect keyword, and for this, you should test the ad copy with different keywords to find out which works best for the respective ad groups.
- You can create an ad testing structure to find the optimal ad copy for each ad group.
- The ads should be linked to the most specific landing pages, and you should be ready to create new landing pages if needed.
6. Customize Campaign Settings
The default settings on Google Ads are not always the best for your campaigns. Thus, before you launch your ads, it will be best to tweak some of the settings to make them better for your campaign.
- For a search campaign, make sure the settings option of campaign type is on the search network instead of the display network.
- When the search partners option is on, it will lead to poorer conversion rates. You can turn this off, and when you need more volume, you can turn it on again.
- Choose an appropriate language for the language targeting option and appropriate location for location targeting settings.
7. Include Ad Extensions
Adding ad extensions can increase the chance of people clicking on your ad. The best part is ad extensions are free. Select the ad extensions like site link extensions and callout extensions that would be helpful for all businesses. Ad extensions can create a positive effect on the campaign's quality score.
8. Track the Conversions
Conversion tracking is important to determine the performance of the campaign. With PPC, you can find how many clicks your ad is getting, the number of impressions, and the number of leads and sales. While some of these data automatically appear on the dashboard when you launch your campaign, you will have to set up conversion tracking for leads and sales.
- You can place the conversion tracking code on the thank you page after the conversion is completed.
- You can measure the statistics of the whole website using free software like Google Analytics.
LBN Tech Solutions
We are a web design company in Chennai and strive to provide our clients with quality services in web design and content marketing. We provide skilled assistance and help you with maintaining the social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, etc. Contact us for more details.