Oct 26 / 2023
Technology fatigue is a real thing! Even though as marketers, we live and breathe technology, we understand that it can sometimes get overwhelming, especially with mounting data to go through. But worry not! Top Search engine marketing tools can help make your experience more efficient and a little less wearying.
Search Engine Marketing Tools – Which to Choose?
Once you have found out that you can use tools, the next step is to choose the right ones. Needless to say, there are a multitude of search engine marketing tools and they seem to offer similar services, products, and information at first glance. This can leave the business owners at a loss.
So, here we are with the top search engine marketing tools in the market for business owners who want to get the best results while saving money and time.
If you had to install only one tool for the day, then we would suggest you go with Semrush. It serves as a basic foundation for your SEM activities. This tool has a lot to provide and keyword research, traffic analysis, and keyword rank tracking are some of the few. Here are some Semrush features that might convince you to spend on the tool.
- Keyword Gap Finding: You can find the high-quality keywords that you are missing out on using the keyword gap tool. Semrush allows you to compare your keywords to that of about 5 competitors. You can find the frequency at which your competitors are bidding on specific keywords.
- Competitor Research: You can track the keywords and spending of your competitors.
- Backlinks: You can analyze backlinks and create effective link-building strategies.
- PPC Campaigns: You can create, manage and optimize your pay-per-click campaigns on different platforms.
- Site Audit: You can optimize your site depending on the site audit results.
Also Read: How to Get the Results You Want through Your Digital Marketing Plan?
Ahrefs is one of the vital tools for SEO analysis. It can help gather information about backlinks and their quality and can also measure website parameters. Semrush and Ahrefs are similar in many ways but here are some areas in which Ahrefs excels:
- Keyword Research: This feature in Ahrefs is similar to that of Semrush but the advantage with Ahrefs is that you will get to know how many backlinks you need to rank high in the search engine results.
- Backlink Analysis: You can simply enter a domain name and get the list of backlinks for it. The tool will help you analyze backlinks.
- Rank Tracking: You can track everything you need to determine any SEO effort’s success or failure on the same dashboard.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner helps marketers find relevant keywords that would work for SEM campaigns. This is one of the most useful tools for keyword research.
- Keyword Research: You can find new keywords related to your business. The volume data of the keywords can also be checked.
- Forecasts and Estimates: You can check the forecasts and statistics of keyword performance along with monthly search estimates and estimated cost of the keywords.
- Ads Campaign: With this forecast data, it is easier to form and refine the Google Ads campaign.
- Budget Planner: You can also get budget and bid suggestions to get the best ROI.
If you are looking for a low-budget SEM tool, then SEO PowerSuite is one of the best choices. Though you won’t have the client reporting feature, SEO PowerSuite is a great tool that comes at an affordable cost for small business owners.
Here are some features that SEO PowerSuite has to offer.
- Unlimited Data: And at a fixed price! You don’t have to pay when you sign new clients.
- Keyword Research: SEO PowerSuite has over 20 keyword research tools. You can find the popular keywords but also the not-so-popular ones that can serve as hidden opportunities.
- Site Audit: SEO PowerSuite offers site structure visualizations that make it easier for the user to understand the issues a website has.
Also Read: What should small businesses post on social media (a complete guide)?
Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is a business intelligence tool that can help with every area of business starting from finance to people management.
- Data Management: Google Data Studio can gather data from different popular sources, take meaningful data and create dashboards.
- User-Friendly: You can learn to use the tool easily and create dashboards very quickly.
- Performance Monitoring: Integrated data sources can help monitor data in real time. The visuals are updated every second making it easier to manage your campaigns.
LBN Tech Solutions
Managing campaigns using all these tools can be confusing and time-consuming. We can step in and help run your campaigns. Check out what our clients have to say about us here!