Jun 21 / 2022
One of the biggest headaches online marketing professionals face is the way innovations and technological changes affect their carefully thought-out marketing plans. Nowhere is the pace of change as rapid as it is in the world of online marketing and commerce. Many businesses suffered during the pandemic, but those who were able to make the right changes to their online marketing were able to grow. The advent of curb-side delivery is an example of this. While the pandemic forced many changes to come about rapidly, the next few years will see even more in the way of change and innovation.
Be Ready for These Changes
- Voice Search: People are always looking for the most convenient way to receive the news or information they want. The simplest way is by speaking. Content and presentation will have to be modified to be more voice friendly.
- AI Chat: The need for real-time verbal interaction will never go away. The use of AI chatbots that are programmed to respond to consumers’ verbal queries in comprehensive sentences will give customers a higher level of comfort while making their purchase decisions.
- Short Form Video: When information is found, people want to understand and digest it fast. That will make short-form videos an ideal tool for conveying information quickly without asking for attention spans to be stretched.
- Shoppable Posts: Everyone is looking for the quickest and easiest way to shop. Being able to click on a post and buy the item that it features will be a huge convenience factor by enabling consumers to find what they want and buy it without moving away from the post or image.
Also Read: How to Rank Higher on Voice Searches
- Virtual Reality: Brick-and-mortar stores will always be around and in demand. Virtual reality can be used to give customers the feeling of in-store shopping by creating the illusion of being able to walk down aisles and see products, etc.
- Artificial Reality: Customers will be able to see products in 3D before making a purchase decision. This will also make product customization, where available, easier for the buyer.
- Social Messaging: Social media is a huge field and social messaging is a very effective way to reach a target market or customers. It will also make networking with other businesses where synergies may exist much more effective.
- Interactive Content: This is a very effective way to maintain and even increase customer interest. Online polls, quizzes, interactive posts and so on will help develop strong bonds with the customer base as a whole and with individual customers as well.
- Artificial Intelligence: The continued evolution of AI means that it will play a bigger role in customer service and in obtaining information that will help provide essential inputs for business plans.
These are a few of the trends that are already visible on the horizon. What will happen in the future is unknown but adopting cutting-edge online eCommerce technology now will not only enable growth to continue, but it will also make the understanding and application of the trends to come much easier.
Understanding the nature of what is on its way in eCommerce is never easy. The businesses that do not have the knowledge to understand and utilize the changes will be left behind and will unfortunately only watch other organizations, who were able to use innovation to their advantage, eat away at their market share. Using a qualified, professional and highly reputed online marketing organization with a stellar track record is the most effective way to have an online presence and marketing strategy that will enable long-term growth.