Oct 19 / 2021
We all have read multiple articles about the importance of having a website and how it benefits our business. The web design process has also become quite easy with a lot of web builders providing DIY solutions. But what makes some people still seek out web design companies instead of choosing DIY solutions for their website building? The process of professional web design differs a great deal from creating a DIY website. Who better to explain it than a web design company itself? We are a web design company in Chennai and we are here to describe the professional web design process.
Read Also: What are the Newest Trends in Website Design?
Online presence has become inevitable for any kind of business and a good business website is the key to increasing the customer base. The cost of designing and maintaining a website is in no way cheap and this makes most business owners turn to DIY websites. But there are ample differences between both the processes and also the benefits.
A professional web design company can provide you with a quality website and if you are thinking of the cost, then there are options. Most web design companies have options to work with web builders like WordPress and Wix thus reducing the cost to a great deal. Finding the right web design company matters and with a good plan you will have an efficient website in your hands.
Professional Web Design Process
Web design usually is done in phases so that every aspect of the client’s requirement is covered. Here are the phases of a web design process:
This involves conversations with the clients and the stakeholders to identify the goals of the new website that is to be created. The challenge here is to identify the main goal/goals since a company usually has a lot. Finding the main goals will help bring focus and make the development process of the site easier.
Project Scope Creation
Once you have the goals, the next step is to create the scope for the project. You will be setting a plan which outlines the creation activities along with the timelines. This helps the client understand what to expect and when to expect it, making it one of the most crucial steps.
A sitemap ensures that you have covered all the key pages of the site. It also helps understand the relationship between the pages, thus helping in structuring the navigation. Wireframes would show a detailed view of the content on each page which helps define the content hierarchy on the page.
Now that we have the blueprint of the site, it is time to move on to the visual style. The company’s brand comes into play here since the visual design would be focused on conveying the key brand ideas. For example, if the company has a specific color theme, then the visual design would revolve around it.
When the design idea is approved, it is time to create content that will appear on the site. Starting from the articles to the videos and podcasts, everything is to be created. HTML and CSS of the site would also be built at this phase.
Testing and Launch
After the design is complete, the site is placed on a production server and the testing is done. Any mistakes in the website starting from spelling errors to the long load time are noted and then fixed. The site is also checked in multiple browsers and devices. Only after the complete review of the website is done and approval obtained from the client is the website launched.
Web Design Process vs. DIY Designs
- Uniqueness – One common complaint with DIY websites is that they tend to look similar. With web designers, you can create a unique website that caters to the needs of your specific business.
- Wide Range of Features – With DIY websites there is a limitation to what you can design. But by hiring a web designer you can integrate anything to your website like e-commerce with specific payment providers, custom editorial works, chatbots and more.
- Unlimited Growth – Most business owners start with a DIY website but when their business grows, they tend to have a hard time adjusting the website to it. Transferring the site to another platform has many difficulties. Thus, it is best to start with a custom website but with a scalable solution.
- Mobile-Friendly – A professional web design company would pay special attention to how the website is displayed on smaller screens which is not the case with DIY solutions. Mobile-friendly websites have better conversions and traffic.
- SEO – A web design company has SEO experts who work with developers to increase the visibility of the website.
LBN Tech Solutions
Web design along with maintenance is a time-consuming job and most small business owners have limited staff. Even with DIY websites, there is maintenance needed. We are a web design company based in Chennai and we can build your website from scratch and offer regular maintenance.